Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Dinner in 15!

Working retail isn't the most condusive to a domestic life.  Working 9 hr shifts 5 times a week (plus a 30 minute drive back and forth) doesn't make it easy to have dinner on the table every night.  The other night I got home from work and collapsed on the couch.  Tad came in and said hello and then retreated back into his man cave to give me some time to cool down (good man).  About an hour and a half later Tad send me a text asking about dinner.  I had just worked for 9+ hours dealing with annoying screaming customers and had no patience to slave over the stove for an hour preparing dinner.  Tad said he wanted pasta , I had no intentions on going to the grocery and no pasta sauce in the house (we eat that much that we ran out) so to Google I went.  And success was found!

Creamy Bow Tie Pasta

  • 1 c uncooked bow tie pasta
  • 1 1/2 tsp butter
  • 2 1/4 tsp olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp all-purpose flour
  • dash salt
  • dash dried basil
  • 3 tbsp 2% milk
  • 2 tbsp chicken broth
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tbsp sour cream
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions
  2. In a small saucepan, melt butter.  Stir in the oil, flour, garlic, and seasonings until blended.  Gradually add the milk, broth and water.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened
  3. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and sour cream.  Drain pasta; toss with sauce
This was seriously soooo good and crazy easy!  By the time the pasta was done cooking the sauce was done.  This recipe is a keeper and I will definitely be making it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment